Later this summer, I’ll be participating in the summer school Managing Legal Resources in the Semantic Web, September 7 to 12 in San Domenico di Fiesole (Florence, Italy). This program will focus on several aspects of legal document management:
- Drafting methods, to improve the language and the structure of legislative texts
- Legal XML standards, to improve the accessibility and interoperability of legal resources
- Legal ontologies, to capture legal metadata and legal semantics
- Formal representation of legal contents, to support legal reasoning and argumentation
- Workflow models, to cope with the lifecycle of legal documentation
While I’m familiar with several of these areas, I’m using this opportunity to fill in my knowledge in these key areas.